Why You Need a DMC
Jan 08, 2015, Industry Education
Why use a DMC ?
A Destination Management Company represents YOU, your goals and objectives to the vendors in the region where you are holding your program. You benefit from the DMC’s knowledge of local products, service quality and reliability. A DMC will negotiate on your behalf, always keeping your best interest and budget in mind.
A DMC can leverage its relationships and purchasing power to provide the highest quality of service in a cost-effective manner.
Here are some of the benefits of working with a DMC:
- One contact and payment to keep all the details in line and simple for you.
- Knowledge of the finest local venues, caterers, décor, transportation and other event services.
- On-going relationships with vendors to obtain the best quality, service and negotiations.
- Creative ideas for special events, teambuilding and those challenging situations.
- Access to and experience with the new, exclusive and unique venues and restaurants.
Here are just some of the value-added services a DMC can provide:
- Analyze and evaluate appropriate venues/activities suited to match the demographics and size of the group; eliminate options previously offered; research and secure venues/activities that support group needs & desires; evaluate "return on investment" (ROI) when appropriate and applicable;
- Weave corporate messages/themes into program elements; create opportunities to showcase corporate message/theme into events/activities; evaluate and implement corporate branding opportunities into venues/activities/signage
- Select and recommend menu options, portion sizes, etc. compatible with all hotel food functions to eliminate redundancies and incompatibilities
- Incorporate corporate logos/colors/behaviors into printed materials, signage and decor elements; create opportunities to showcase extensions of corporate message and culture; support corporate business challenges and opportunities;
- Implement activities consistent with meeting goals (i.e. teambuilding, ice breaking, social opportunities, relaxing, and reward opportunities)
- Evaluate and select entertainment options appropriate for group and client objectives; manage entertainment contracts and rider requirements
- Showcase unique elements of meeting destination; create exclusive opportunities unavailable to general public and unknown by client
- Protect client confidentialities; investigate possible corporate conflicts, competitor meetings, and security level
- Plan and manage logistical elements of all group movements including safety concerns, timing requirements, service level, and financial consideration
- Create, communicate and manage timelines for all events/activities and the successful execution of program elements
- Plan, manage, and execute group arrival and departure manifests for maximum service levels and financial considerations; proactively manage arrival/departure changes, cancellations, and additions by adding canceling transportation and staff resources
- Oversee and manage all consumption of alcohol; proactively manage the safety concerns with alcohol consumption
- Create routings for all transportation moves to ensure efficient and accurate directions; investigate potential street closings, construction sites, conflicting event permits or weather considerations
- Ensure all elements of program meet desirable customer service levels; anticipate elements of events to ensure comfort and safety of all guests
- Manage the service level of all suppliers utilized for program requirements; effectively communicate to all vendors the timing and delivery of contracted services; ensure vendors are knowledgeable and trained on the delivery of services required
- Select and manage staff to support the delivery of all services
- Plan and manage load-in and load-out of all program elements including rentals, floral, decor and entertainment needs
- Provide accurate feedback to clients on program choices
- Conduct due diligence on all vendor options to insure appropriate business licensing, desirable insurance requirements, safety training, dress code and training procedures of personnel
- Negotiate costs and components of vendors services; manage the timing and delivery of all services
- Manage financial requirements of vendor to ensure delivery of products/services including advanced deposits and final payment of invoices
- Audit all vendor invoices to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Audit all vendor invoices
- Negotiate financial considerations for all errors and omissions on the delivery of products/services
- Provide detailed accounting of all charges to client
- Capture and document all program additions on-site
- Satisfy all vendor billings in required timeframes